Enrolling Students Using the Template
You may find the need to segment students in organizations based on cohort, first semester attended, or other criteria. Use the process and template below to add and remove students from pre-defined course or organization groups.
If you haven’t already, create the course or organization groups you will be using:
- Navigate to the shell > Course Menu > Control Panel > Users and Groups > Groups.
- Create a manual enroll group or group set.
- Ensure that the Group Name has no spaces. You can use hyphens or underscores to separate words as needed.
- Download and open the Group_Membership_Templat file in Excel or your spreadsheet software of choice.
- Paste in the usernames of the students you wish to enroll into particular groups in the User Name column.
- Ensure that each 'User Name' is assigned to the appropriate group name in the 'Group Code' column.
- Save the template and ensure that the file format remains a .CSV for “comma-separated values.”
- To upload the Membership Template, navigate back to the Groups area in your Control Panel and select the Import button.
- Under Import Group Members, select Browse Files. Locate and select Group_Membership_Template.csv and select Open.
- Select Submit at the bottom of the page to finish adding users into groups.
How to Remove All Users from a Group
- First, navigate to the Groups page of your course. From the course menu, expand Course Management, expand Users and Groups, select Groups, finally select the title of the group you want to open.
- Next, locate the group you want to clear all users from in your list of group, click the gray chevron next to it, and select Edit Group.
- Locate the Membership section on the page.
- Select Remove All Users. A modal window will display asking if you are sure you want to remove the users. Select OK on the modal window.
- Select Submit to save your changes.