- Exporting a course allows course materials to be reused at a later time to teach a new set of students.
- Open the course from a previous or current term that you want to Export from.
- Navigate to the Course Management menu, located below the main course menu. Expand Packages and Utilities.
- Then click Export/Archive Course.
- Click Export Package.
NOTE: Be sure to select the Export Package option. Archive Course will save all student information and interactions and is mainly available to maintain a record of a course. It is not to be used to reuse content in other course sections.
- On the Export Course screen, do not make changes to the File Attachments settings.
- Scroll down to the Select Course Materials section. Click the Select All button.
It is highly recommended to keep the automatic selection, even if you aren't sure about a particular option. Please understand that content sections which include graded items are connected to Grade Center Columns and Settings. Graded items (such as assignments, tests, graded discussion forums, etc) will not be copied if Grade Center Columns and Settings is not selected.
- Click Submit.
- The export process takes a few minutes to complete. After you receive an email notification that the process has completed, return to the Export/Archive Course screen and click Refresh.
- The package is now available to download. To save the file, right-click on the link and select Save Target As (Mac) or Save Link As (Windows).
- In the Save As box that appears, navigate to an area on your computer where you want to save the file. Then, click the Save button.
- The .zip file will download to the specified location on your computer.
You can now use this file to import the exported content into another course.