The College requires that all credit instructors post their syllabi in Blackboard each term. This is required in all course delivery modes, and even if it's the only thing you include in your course shell. Check with your division office to determine the required contents of your syllabus.
Information Technology has set up a process that automatically extracts and saves all course syllabi from Blackboard. This process is called extraction. If your syllabus is not posted in the correct format and using the correct process, your syllabus will not extract. You will receive notification from your division office if your syllabus is not posted properly, and you will need to correct how it is posted.
Follow the instructions to post your syllabus properly for extraction:
- Save or export a copy of your syllabus as a PDF.
- Make sure to include the word "Syllabus" in the file name.
- Make sure that your file is saved in a place where you can easily locate it (such as the Desktop).
- Log into Blackboard and navigate to your course shell.
- For cross-listed sections, the syllabus should only be posted in the master shell.
- Ensure Edit Mode is set to ON, then click Syllabus on your Course Menu.
- Click Build Content then select Item.
- Type "Syllabus" in the Name field. You must include the word "syllabus".
- In the Attachments section, click Browse My Computer.
- Navigate to and select the syllabus file you saved on your computer then click Open.
- Ensure the "Permit Users to View this Content" option is set to "Yes." It is set to "Yes" by default.
- Click Submit.
By following these steps, your syllabus file will extract correctly from Blackboard.