For any assessment that students do not complete in Blackboard or submit through Blackboard, you can still manage the students' grades in Blackboard. You can manually create a Grade Center column, and then manually enter each student's grade. It can be useful to manage all grades in Blackboard, as you can easily calculate final grades, and students can keep track of their progress in the course.
To create a manual Grade Center column:
- Navigate to the Grade Center > Full Grade Center.
- Click Create Column.
- Type a name for the column in Column Name.
- Select a Primary Display option from the menu. Note: Students cannot see the secondary display.
- If you are using weighted grades, select the Category of the assessment.
- For Points Possible type the total number of points a student could receive for the assessment.
- If a rubric is used to grade the assessment, click Add Rubric.
- If this assessment will be included in the total points students earn for a course, click Yes for Include this Column in Grade Center Calculations (this is the default selection).
- In order for students to see their score, click Yes for Show this Column to Students (this is the default selection).
- Click Submit.
A new Grade Center column has been created. Note: The new column will be located all the way at the end of your list of Grade Center columns.
For more information about manual columns and grading schemas, visit Blackboard Help.