By default, the Announcements page is first page students see each time they navigate to your course. An Announcement can be used to orient students to your course shell as well as to send reminders and time sensitive messages to students.
To post an Announcement in your course shell in Blackboard:
- On the Course Menu, click Announcements.
- Click Create Announcement.
- Type a subject for your announcement (think of this like the subject line in an email).
- Type your message for students in the Content Editor (Message field).
- Optional Settings
- Duration: Click Date Restricted to schedule announcements for later in the semester and also to hide announcements when they are no longer relevant.
- Email a Copy to Students: Check the send a copy of this announcement immediately box to send a copy of the announcement to your students' COD email address.
- Course Link: Click Browse to provide a convenient link to any area of your course.
- Click Submit to send your announcement.
Note that sending an announcement from your course shell only sends the announcement to students in that section of the course.