By default, the Announcements tool page is what students see when they access your course. An announcement can be used to orient students to your course shell as well as to send reminders and time-bound messages to students.
To post an announcement in your course shell in Blackboard:
- Click Announcements on your course menu.
- Click Create Announcement.
- Type a subject for your announcement (think of this like the subject line in an email).
- Type your message for students in the Content Editor.
- Optional Settings
- Duration: Click Date Restricted to schedule announcements for later in the semester and also to disable announcements when they are no longer relevant.
- Email a Copy to Students: Click send a copy of this announcement immediately to send a copy of the announcement to your students' email.
- Course Link: Click Browse to provide a convenient link to any area of your course.
- Click Submit to send your announcement.
Note that sending an announcement from your course shell only sends the announcement to students in that section of the course.
If you'd like to send the same announcement to multiple course sections, use the Qwickly tool on your My Institution page.