Pools are a collection of test questions derived from a number of different components, like textbook chapters for example. Pools contain a number of different questions which can then be specifically or randomly included in tests.
Some publisher sites distribute question pools. It’s important to note if the publisher is distributing question pools or actual tests to import into Blackboard. To import a question pool:
- Navigate to the Course Management menu. Click Course Tools and then select Tests, Surveys, and Pools.
- Click Pools.
- On the Pools page, click Import Pool.
- Click Browse My Computer and navigate to the question pool ZIP file on your computer.
- Once selected, click Submit to import the file.
- After the file has been imported, the Pool Import Complete page will confirm that the pool question package has been processed and that the import process is complete. Click OK.
- The imported pool questions will now be available when creating tests with pools and previous test questions.