Assignment submission links allow students to submit their assignments directly in Blackboard. By doing this, all assignment files will be submitted and stored in one centralized location. A grading column is automatically created in the grade center when you add an assignment in the course and additional feedback can also be given to the student in the grade center.
- Navigate to the area of the course where the assignment submission link will be made available to students.
- Select Assessments and then click Assignment.
- On the Create Assignment page, enter in the name of the assignment and any additional instructions you would like to provide the students.
- Additional assignment files can be attached in the Assignment Files
- Due dates can be added to alert students of when assignments are due. Students are able to still submit their assignments after this date, but it will be marked late.
- Enter the amount of points that are possible for the assignment. NOTE: This is a required field so a point value must be entered.
- Submission details allow for the assignment to be submitted by an individual student or a group. The number of attempts the student can submit can be defined in this section along with the option to have the assignment checked by SafeAssign, a plagiarism detection tool.
- Grading options allow for other users to grade the assignment. These options would be best for when there is a TA in the class that will also be grading assignments.
- Display of Grades defines how the grade will be shown to students. You can also select if the assignment will be included in the grade center.
- Availability allows for the assignment to be setup ahead of time. Here you can define the dates the assignment submission link will be made available/visible to students.
- Click Submit and the assignment submission link will be added to the course.
Please sign in to leave a comment.