Blackboard’s Full Grade Center offers an option to color code both grade statuses, and color code grade ranges. Color-coding can be a strong visual cue for you to determine whether an assessment is in progress, is ready to be graded, or you have exempted the grade. Color-coding can also be used to show you at a glance grades which fall below a designated percentage so that you can follow up with these students.
To set up color coding in your Full Grade Center:
- Navigate to the Full Grade Center.
- Hover your mouse pointer over Manage and click Grading Color Codes.
- Check Enable Grading Color Codes.
- To color-code your Grade Center by Grade Status, including grades that are In Progress, Need Grading, or Exempt:
- Select the appropriate status for which you want notification.
- Select a color.
- Click Apply.
- To color code your Grade Center by Grade Ranges:
- Select a Grade Range for which you wish to be notified (example: color-code all grades below 70%).
- Select a color for the Grade Range.
- Change text color if desired.
- Add Criteria if desired.
- Click Submit.
- You can toggle the color coding on and off in the Grade Center using Hide Color Coding and Display Color Coding.