Blackboard’s Full Grade Center offers an option to color code both grade statuses, and color code grade ranges. Color-coding can be a strong visual cue for you to determine whether an assessment is in progress, is ready to be graded, or you have exempted the grade. Color-coding can also be used to show you at a glance grades which fall below a designated percentage so that you can follow up with these students.
To set up color coding in your Full Grade Center:
- Navigate to the Full Grade Center in your course in Blackboard.
- Click Manage.
- Select Grading Color Codes from the drop down menu.
- Check Enable Grading Color Codes.
- To color-code your Grade Center by Grade Status, including grades that are In Progress, Need Grading, or Exempt:
a. Under Color Coding Options, select the appropriate status for which you want notification.
b. Select a color.
c. Click Apply.
- To color-code your Grade Center by Grade Ranges:
a. Click Add Criteria.
b. In the Criteria field, select a Grade Range for which you wish to be notified (example: color-code all grades Less Than 70%).
c. Enter the percent or percent range you want color-coded.
d. Select a background color for the color-coding.
e. Select a text color.
f. If you want to color-code additional grade criteria, click Add Criteria.
- Click Submit.
You can toggle the color-coding on and off in the Grade Center using Hide Color Coding and Display Color Coding.