When logging into Blackboard, the first page, or tab, you will see is My Institution.
Each block of information on the My Institution tab is called a Module (not to be confused with modules in a course). You can add, remove, and rearrange the Modules on My Institution. The default Modules are listed below.
- Tools - Access tools available on My Institution.
- Course Search - Find courses you are enrolled in as a student or instructor.
- My Courses - List of courses in which you are a student or instructor.
- My Announcements - Lists institution-wide and course announcements.
- Qwickly - Toggle course availability to students on and off, post announcements to multiple course sections, email students in multiple course sections, and see which student assignments need grading.
My Institution allows you to add Modules from Add Module, decide which Modules to display from Module Administrator, and change the My Institution color scheme from Personalize Page.
Bonus tip: Each Module has a settings option which will appear if you hover your mouse pointer over its name. In the My Courses Module, you can arrange your courses by term. This may make courses easier to find if you have taught for several terms. You can also choose to hide courses from a previous term to shorten your list of courses.