The Course Menu is part of all Blackboard course shells. It is always located on the left side of the page within your course. You and your students can use it to navigate to different portions of your course.
You can easily navigate between Course Menu items by clicking the links.
There are several Course Menu items that will appear in your Blackboard course shell from the first time you access it:
- Announcements - Send timely information to your students about your course such as "Class is cancelled tomorrow." The announcement will be posted in your course, and you have the option of also emailing it to each of your students.
- Syllabus - You are required by the College to post a copy of your syllabus on this page. Instructions for posting your syllabus are included on the Syllabus page.
- Instructor - Post your contact information and a little information about yourself. You can also include your photograph and a link to your website.
- Qwickly Attendance - From this link you can set up how you will track attendance, take attendance, and view attendance records.
- My Grades - Where students access their grades for your course. Students can only see their own grades. They cannot access the Full Grade Center in the Control Panel.
- Send Email - Email all the students in your course, individual students, or groups if you've set them up in your course.
- My Email@dupage.edu - A link for students to access the student email system. This link will not take you to the faculty/staff email system.
- Library Resources - Link to the College of DuPage Library website.
- Blackboard Help - Link to Student Blackboard Resources.
- Follett Discover - Link to indicate which book you have adopted for your course. Note: Your requirement to use this link may vary by academic division. By default, students cannot see this link.
- Collaborate Ultra - Takes you to Class Collaborate Ultra within your course. From here you can join your course room, schedule upcoming Collaborate sessions, and access recordings you've made of previous sessions within the last 30 days.
- Student Evaluations - Where students complete an evaluation of your course. This is managed by the academic divisions and may or may not be utilized in your course section.
Below the Course Menu is Course Management and the Control Panel. Note that only you have access to these links and tools. Students cannot access this portion of the course shell.
Please sign in to leave a comment.