When adding items to your Course Menu, you'll find that they are always added to the bottom of the list. You can easily reorder these items. You can also reorder any existing Course Menu items.
- Mouse over the Course Menu item you want to reorder. A double headed arrow will appear to the left of the item name.
- Click the double headed arrow and drag the menu item up or down to the desired location. Release the mouse pointer when the item is in the desired location.
You may find that when you reorder Course Menu items in this way that the new location of the item doesn't "stick" or it doesn't stay where you moved it to. There is an alternate method to rearrange Course Menu items using your keyboard. It can also be faster to move items in this way if you have a very long Course Menu. To move Course Menu items using your keyboard:
- At the top of your Course Menu, click the pair of arrows pointing up and down. If you mouse over this button, the screentip will read Keyboard Accessible Reordering: Menu Items.
- A new window will open which lists each of the items on the Course Menu. To reorder them, click the menu item you want to move.
- Either use the arrows on screen, or the arrows on your keyboard to move the item up or down.
- Click Submit to save the new location.
Some other articles you may find helpful related to the Course Menu are:
- Add a Content Area to Your Course Menu
- Add a Tool Link to a Course Menu
- Display the Course Menu in Folder View