After creating a Content Area, you can add content to your course. Content may include videos, readings, assignments, exams, etc. You may choose to add content directly to a Content Area, or within a Content Folder. The steps to add content to either are the same.
The most common container for content in a course is an Item. You can share a variety of file types and other content in an Item. An Item also allows you to add context for any file you upload.
To add an Item to a Content Area/Content Folder:
- Navigate to the Content Area where you want to add the Item. If you want to place the content inside a Content Folder, click the Content Folder.
- Click Build Content.
- Click Item.
- In the Name field, type the name of the item.
- In the Text field, add your content. You can type text directly into the Text field, create hyperlinks, link to videos, etc.
- To attach a file to your item, under Attachments, click Browse My Computer.
- Select the file from your computer or device and click Open.
- Click Submit.