If you have columns that no longer need to be viewed in the grade center, such as the student ID or username, you may hide columns to help organize and give a clearer view of the grade columns. Note: This only hides the column from the instructor view. To hide columns from students, or exclude columns from calculations, you must use the edit column information option for each column.
- Navigate to the Course Management Menu. Click Grade Center and then Full Grade Center.
- Select Manage and then click Column Organization.
- The Column Organization page contains a list of the grade center’s columns, their current categories, date of creation and the points possible.
- Click the checkbox(es) next to the name of the grade column you would like to hide or make visible.
- Navigate to the Show/Hide button, located both above and below the column charts.
- Select the option to either show or hide the selected columns.
- The selected columns will be marked according to the action you chose.
- Columns that are hidden will become italicized and will be marked as hidden next to the name.
- Click Submit to apply the change to the Grade Center.