To communicate with students outside of the classroom, post an Announcement in your Blackboard course shell.
An Announcement can be used when you want to send a reminder to students; "Remember we'll be meeting in the Library tomorrow."
By default, the Announcements page is the course's home page, or the first page students see when they log into your course in Blackboard. You can also choose to email the announcement to all the students enrolled in the course.
To post an Announcement in your course shell in Blackboard, follow these steps:
- Click Announcements on the Course Menu.
- Click Create Announcement.
- Type a subject for your announcement (think of this like the subject line in an email).
- Type your message for students in Message.
- You can choose to have your announcement emailed to all your students enrolled in the course, in addition to posting it in Blackboard. Check Send a Copy of this Announcement Immediately to do so.
- Click Submit.
Note: When you post an announcement from your course shell, it is only visible to students enrolled in that section of the course. To send the same announcement to more than one of your course sections, use Qwickly.