The Test tool in Blackboard is the only tool where you set the number of points per question, rather than for the entire assessment. You can make each question worth the same number of points, or each question can be worth a different number of points. Please note that if you are using a randomized bank of test questions, it's important to make all of the test questions the same point value, otherwise, different students will be able to earn a different amount of points for the same test. Once you have created questions for your test, you can change the point value per question or for all questions at once.
- To change the number of points for a single question:
- To the right of the question, click Points to open Update Points.
- Type the number of points you want that question to be worth.
- Click Submit.
- You can also change the points possible for all questions at once. This is especially helpful if your test contains a lot of questions.To change the number of points for every question:
- Above your first question and next to Select, click All.
- Just below this option, you will see Points. Enter the number of points each question is worth. Note: this is the number of points for each question, not a total of all questions.
- Click Update.