There are several components of the Grade Center that will be covered in-depth in this module, but the following components are some of the basics:
- Grade Center Row - Corresponds to a student enrolled in your course.
- Grade Center Column - Represents a graded assessment.
- Grade Center Cell - The intersection of a column and row. Represents a grade for a single student on a single assessment.
- Create Column - Used to manually create a Grade Center column. To include the score in Blackboard for any assignment that is submitted outside of Blackboard, you will need to create a manual column.
- Create Calculated Column - Used to create total columns (adding the points of other columns), weighted total columns (when using weighted grades), or columns that will calculate an average.
- Manage - This button has several options, the most-used option is Column Organization, which can be used to reorder columns. If you are using weighted grades, you can also assign your columns to different categories.
- Reports - Run reports of student grades.
- Filter - Temporarily change which view or category of assessments displays in the Grade Center.
- Work Offline - Download or upload a spreadsheet of your students' grades.
- Email - Email select students directly from the Grade Center.
- Icon Legend - Shows what the different icons in the Grade Center mean.
- Edit Rows Displayed - Temporarily change the number of rows displayed on a page. If you have a large number of students in your class, this can help keep you from scrolling as much.
Please sign in to leave a comment.