This article identifies some of the more commonly used components of the Full Grade Center.
- Grade Center Row - Corresponds to a student enrolled in your course.
- Grade Center Column - Represents a graded assessment.
- Grade Center Cell - The intersection of a column and row. Represents a grade for a single student on a single assessment.
- Create Column - Used to manually create a Grade Center column. This will allow you to include the score in Blackboard for any assignment that is submitted outside of Blackboard.
- Create Calculated Column - Used to create total columns (adding the points of other columns), weighted total columns (when using weighted grades), or columns that will calculate an average.
- Manage - This button has several options, the most-used option is Column Organization, which can be used to reorder columns. If you are using weighted grades, you can also assign your columns to different categories.
- Reports - Run reports of student grades.
- Work Offline - Download or upload a spreadsheet of your students' grades. You'll use this at the end of the term to send transactional grades and attendance to your division.
- Filter - Temporarily change which view or category of assessments displays in the Grade Center.
- Email - Email select students directly from the Grade Center.
- Icon Legend - Shows what the different icons in the Grade Center mean.
- Edit Rows Displayed - Temporarily change the number of rows displayed on a page. If you have a large number of students in your class, this can help keep you from scrolling as much.
If you'd like some additional information, the Blackboard Help website includes additional information how to Navigate Grading.