For any assessment that isn't automatically graded in Blackboard, you will need to manually enter a grade in the Grade Center. You can also use this process to override a grade for an automatically graded item. If you have not already manually created a Grade Center Column in Blackboard, you'll need to do that, first.
For any assessment that students submit in Blackboard, you will receive a Needs Grading notification in the corresponding cell in the Full Grade Center. Click the Needs Grading notification to access and grade the student's assessment.
For any assessment that students submit to you outside of Blackboard, you will not receive the Needs Grading notification, but you can manually enter the grade in the Grade Center. To manually enter a student's score for an assessment graded outside of Blackboard:
- In your course in Blackboard, navigate to the Full Grade Center.
- Locate the column for the assessment you want to grade.
- Locate the student for which you want to enter a grade.
- Type the score for the student's assignment in the corresponding cell. (You can also type over an existing score to override a grade already entered).
- Press Enter on your keyboard to save your entry.