You can easily copy all of your course content from one of your Blackboard Course shells to another. You might need to do this if you are teaching more than one section of a course per term, or if you are teaching the same course the next term. Either way, the process is the same. Please note that this is only one way to copy course content. You can also use a Export and Import processes, which can help to prevent multiples copies of content in your course.
To copy content from one Blackboard shell to another:
- Navigate to your course in Blackboard that contains the content you want to copy. Note: if you are not assigned as an instructor in the course, you will not be able to complete the Course Copy process. You'll need to reach out to the instructor listed to request an export of the course which you can then import into your course.
- In the Control Panel below the Course Menu, click Packages and Utilities.
- In the sub-menu that opens, click Course Copy.
- In Select Copy Options click Browse next to Destination Course ID to find the course shell you want to copy the content into.
- In the new window that opens, select the radio button of the course shell that you want to copy the course content into.
- Click Submit.
- Under Select Copy Options, click Select All.
- If you have used Discussion Boards in your course, you probably will not want to copy every student post into the other course shell. Under Discussion Board select Include only the forums, with no starter posts to avoid copying all student posts.
- Click Submit.
The process to copy a course from one shell to another can take some time. You will receive an email in your COD email account when the process is complete.
You may find that you have duplicate Course Menu items in your course shell when you copy a course. It's good practice to remove any duplicate Course Menu items in the course shell.