Importing a course adds existing course content from a previous term or a different section of a course. To import a course, you will either need a course package that you have exported yourself, or one that a colleague or your division has provided to you. Note that the import process adds content to a course shell, it does not over-write existing content.
- Ensure that the exported course file (.zip) is saved on your computer Log into Blackboard and navigate to the course shell that you want to add the content to.
- In the Control Panel, click Packages and Utilities.
- Click Import Package / View Logs.
- Click Import Package.
- Click Browse Local Files.
- Browse the files on your computer for the exported course file (.zip) and double click on the file. Note: If you just exported the file from Blackboard, it will likely be in your Downloads folder.
- In the Select Course Materials section, click Select All.
- Click Submit. Note: It can take several minutes for the Import process to complete. You will receive an email in your COD email account when the import process is complete. It is important that you do not repeat the import process if it doesn’t complete right away. Repeating the import process will create duplicate copies of all the content in your course. It is very time-consuming to delete duplicate content.
- After you receive the email that the import process has completed, refresh your course in Blackboard (you can do this by clicking on any Course Menu item). You can now check to ensure that all of your course content has been imported. If you find that you are missing any course content, please contact the Learning Technologies department for support. Do not repeat the import process.
Each course is allotted a limited amount of space in Blackboard. After importing your course into Blackboard, you will need to ensure that your course is not “full” which would prevent you from adding or editing content in the course. Please check the size of your course section.
Please sign in to leave a comment.