Hide Default Columns in the Full Grade Center
When you access your Full Grade Center in Blackboard, you will see that a few default columns display to the left of your students’ course grades. These columns include: USERNAME, STUDENT ID, and AVAILABILITY. Most instructors find that these columns do not provide them with pertinent information about their students. With these columns visible in your Grade Center, you have to scroll to the right before you can see any student grades. It’s possible to hide some of these columns from yourself so that you have to do less scrolling in your Grade Center. Please note, we recommend that you do not hide the LAST ACCESS column, as this gives you information at a glance as to the last time each student logged into your course.
Leverage Full-Screen Mode or collapse your course menu to view even more columns at once.
To hide a default Grade Center column.
- Log into Blackboard, and navigate to the Full Grade Center in your course.
- You will see the default columns; USERNAME, STUDENT ID, and AVAILABILITY in your Grade Center
- Click Manage.
- Click Column Organization.
- In the Shown in All Grade Center Views section, select each of the default Grade Center columns that you would like to hide. Recommended examples are: Username, Student ID, and Availability.
- Click Show/Hide.
- Click Hide Selected Columns.
- Hidden columns will be grayed out, with the notation of (Hidden) after the column name.
- Click Submit.
You’ll now be able to see additional student grade columns in the Full Grade Center without scrolling.