Tests in Blackboard are not formatted well for printing. The Learning Technologies Office has purchased a tool called Respondus for use in the Learning Technologies Office only that can format your tests for printing from a Microsoft Word file. The program is available in both huddle rooms B and C. Please contact the Learning Technologies Office to make an appointment to convert your tests for printing.
To export an exam from Blackboard to create a printable file:
- Open Respondus on desktop
- Click Retrieval and Reports
- Click Retrieve Questions
- From the Blackboard Server drop down menu, select add new server. A new window, Blackboard Server and Course will open.
- In field 1, under “Open your browser, go to Blackboard ‘Login’ page where you type in your name and password, copy the ‘Address’ of the page from the browser to the box below,” type https://bb.cod.edu/
- Follow the instruction “In your browser go to a course you have instructor rights to, then copy the address into the box below.”
- Click Extract. Some of the information in the fields will then automatically populate. Do not change this information
- In the Login Page field, type cod.edu after the /.
- For Description, enter a name of the server (example: My BB server)
- Enter your Blackboard username and password. Note: Make sure the Remember my User Name Password field is not selected.
- Click Ok.
- Make sure the Blackboard Server name is the name you just entered as the Description for step 9.
- Click Next
- Select course to retrieve your exam, pool, or survey from (you must be enrolled as an instructor in the course in Blackboard)
- Select whether you are retrieving an exam, pool, or survey, and select the appropriate item (note: you can only select one at a time)
- Enter name for new file
- Click Next
- After you receive a message that says File Saved, click Ok
- Click Finish
- Click Preview and Publish
- Click Print Options from the menu on the left
- Select whether you want to save the exam, the exam with an answer key, or just the answer key. Select any additional options as desired.
- Click Save to File and save to your computer. Note: You’ll need to give the name a file to save it to your computer
You’ll now be able to print the exam for your use from a Microsoft Word file.
Please sign in to leave a comment.