The Blackboard Discussion tool allows for students to share ideas, express their opinions and demonstrate their knowledge of course topics. It also allows students to discuss and learn from their classmates. Discussions which count towards a course grade can also be created so that a grade center column is automatically added for the activity.
- In your course, select the Add Menu Item button. Then select Tool Link.
- In the Add Tool link box, create a name for the link, such as Discussion Board. Then select Discussion Board from the type drop down menu. Check the Available to Users box to make the link available to the class.
- Click Submit to create the link.
- A discussion board tool link will now appear at the bottom of your course menu.
- Move the link to its preferred menu location.
You can now start Creating Discussion Board Forums!