To get your course description for your syllabus, you’ll need to use Curricunet. Keep in mind that this section is not optional for any course offered here at College of DuPage and is mandated by the Higher Learning Commission, so it’s important to include this information in your syllabus to be in compliance. You need to make sure to update this information each term, as it can change.
- To access Curricunet, go to http://www.curricunet.com/DuPage/. You do not need to log in to be able to access the active course file.
- Look in the left-hand column under Search and click on Course.
- Enter the COD Course Number (for example 1100 or 1101).
- From the drop down menu, select the Curricular Area.
- Click OK. You will then see the Course Search Results. There may be more than one. The most current version will be labeled **Approved**.
- Once you’ve found the correct version, click WR. A new page will open with the information you’ll need.
- Copy and paste the Course Description and Course Objectives under the appropriate headings in your syllabus.