You can send email through Blackboard to students enrolled in your course. You can email select students, groups of students, or the entire class. The following process outlines how to email students in one of your course sections. If you want to email students in multiple course sections, use Qwickly.
To email students enrolled in your course:
- In your course's Control Panel, click Course Tools.
- Click Send Email.
- Decide who you would like to email. The most commonly used options are:
- All Users - Includes everyone with access to your course in Blackboard. This would include all students and any co-instructors teaching with you.
- All Student Users - Includes all students enrolled in this section of the course.
- Single / Select Users - Allows you to select students on an individual basis.
- Single / Select Groups - If you have divided your students into groups in Blackboard, you can select one of more of the groups.
- If you are sending the email to specific users or groups, move recipient names to the selected list using the selection arrows.
- In the Subject field, type the subject of your email.
- In the Message field, type the message (body) of your email.
- Check the Return Receipt box to receive a list of the users you are sending the email to.
- If you want to include any attachments, click Attach a file and select the file you want to attach from your computer or device.
- Click Submit to send the email.
You will automatically receive a copy of the email that you sent in your COD email account. Any email replies will also go to your COD email account. You will not be able to access the emails through Blackboard.