The purpose of Roster Verification is to confirm that (a) all students attending your class are registered, and (b) that they have all attended or completed an educational activity at least once. It is understood that some classes may have only met once or had only 1 educational activity during this time period.
NOTE: An e-mail will be sent for when it is time to enter your roster verification. If you teach multiple classes, the verification e-mail may be sent on different days. Do not enter verification information before this time or else it will be erased.
Roster verifications will now be completed within Blackboard course sections using the Academic Records Integration tool.
- To access the Academic Records Integration tool, enter your Blackboard course section.
- Navigate to the Course Management menu. Click Course Tools and then Academic Records Integration.
- Select the Roster Verification button.
- Select a course section from the dropdown menu. After selecting the course section, click back to the "Merged" sections option to ensure all students are listed.
NOTE: You can click on Last Name at the top of the Last Name column to sort student names alphabetically by last name.
- For each currently registered student on your roster, enter a verification status in answer to the following questions:
Y = Yes
N = No
Face-to-Face: Has each student attended at least once?
Online: Has each student completed at least one educational activity?
Hybrid/VCM: Has each student either attended or completed an educational activity at least once?
Do not enter the Y/N status for dropped students. Leave the Roster Verification field blank and enter a Last Date of Attendance or check Never Attended instead.
NOTE: A currently enrolled student will not be withdrawn from the course if you only check the Never Attended box. For a student to be withdrawn from the course, an N must be entered in the Roster Verification column.
- Click Submit and the roster verification information will be submitted.
A purple status bar will display verifying that the roster information has been submitted. If you do not see a status bar after submitting, navigate away from the Academic Records Integration tool. Then, return to the Academic Records Integration Roster Verification tab; if the information you submitted is still there, it has been saved.
Additional information on the Roster Verification process can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions.