The purpose of Roster Verification is to confirm that all students have attended or completed an educational activity at least once, and to withdraw students from the class who have not attended/ participated. It is understood that some classes may have only met once or had only 1 educational activity during this time period.
NOTE: An e-mail will be sent for when it is time to enter your roster verification. If you teach multiple classes, the verification e-mail may be sent on different days. Do not enter verification information before this time or else it will not be accepted.
Roster verifications will now be completed within Blackboard course sections using the Academic Records Integration tool.
- To access the Academic Records Integration tool, enter your Blackboard course section.
- Navigate to the Course Management menu. Click Course Tools and then Academic Records Integration.
- Select the Roster Verification button.
- Select any course section or group from the dropdown menu.
After selecting the course section or group, click back to the "Merged" sections option to ensure all students are listed.
Verifying Enrollment in Your Class
Face-to-Face: Has each student attended at least once?
Online (NET): Has each student completed at least one educational activity?
Hybrid/VCM: Has each student either attended or completed an educational activity at least once?
- For Enrolled Students, enter a verification status in answer to the above questions
- Y = Yes
- N = No
- For Dropped Students:
- Do not enter a status for dropped students
- Enter a Last Date of Attendance or check the Never Attended box
NOTE: A currently enrolled student will not be withdrawn from the course if you only check the Never Attended box. For a student to be withdrawn from the course, an N must be entered in the Roster Verification column.
- Click Submit to save the roster verification information.
A purple status bar will display verifying that the roster information has been submitted. If you do not see a status bar after submitting, navigate away from the Academic Records Integration tool. Then, return to the Academic Records Integration Roster Verification tab; if the information you submitted is still there, it has been saved.
Additional information on the Roster Verification process can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions.