Final grades will now be completed within Blackboard course sections using the Academic Records Integration tool.
NOTE: An e-mail will be sent for when it is time to enter your final grades. If you teach multiple classes, the e-mail may be sent on different days. A final grade can only be entered once for each student. Any final grade modifications must be made through the Office of Student Records by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-942-2440.
- To access the Academic Records Integration tool, enter your Blackboard course section.
- Navigate to the Course Management menu. Click Course Tools and then Academic Records Integration.
- Select the Final Grades button.
- Select a course section from the dropdown menu. After selecting the course section, click back to the "Merged" sections option to ensure all students are listed.
NOTE: After your roster appears, you can click on Last Name at the top of the Last Name column to sort student names alphabetically by last name.
- Grades can be added manually or they can be populated through the Blackboard Grade Center. Do not enter grades for dropped students. Leave the grade column blank.
- To populate grades with the Backboard Grade center, click the drop down menu next to Populate final grade from Grade Center total. Then select Final Grade.
Reminder - Delete any grades that populated for dropped students before submitting.
The following letter grades may be entered:
A, B, C, D, F, I, X, S
- Students being issued an F grade, and those that have been withdrawn with W grades, must be assigned a Last Date of Attendance.
- I grades can only be issued to students who meet the minimum requirements and have an Incomplete contract. An expiration date and last date of attendance must also be entered for incomplete grades.
- X grades can only be issued to students who are taking the course as Audit.
- S grades can only be issued to students with a Satisfactory/Fail contract or to students enrolled in courses that must be graded Satisfactory/Fail.
Click Submit and the Final Grades information will be submitted.
A purple status bar will display verifying that final grades have been submitted. If you do not see a status bar after submitting, navigate away from the Academic Records Integration tool. Then, return to the Academic Records Integration tool Final Grades tab; if the information you submitted is still there, it has been saved.
Additional information on the Roster Verification process can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions site.