Final grades will now be completed within Blackboard course sections using the Academic Records Integration tool.
NOTE: An e-mail will be sent for when it is time to enter your final grades. If you teach multiple classes, the e-mail may be sent on different days. A final grade can only be entered once for each student. Any final grade modifications must be made through the Office of Student Records by contacting email@example.com or 630-942-2440.
- To access the Academic Records Integration tool, enter your Blackboard course section.
- Navigate to the Course Management menu. Click Course Tools and then Academic Records Integration.
- Select the Final Grades button.
- Select your course section from the dropdown menu
NOTE: After your roster appears, you can click on Last Name at the top of the Last Name column to sort student names alphabetically by last name.
- Grades can be added manually or they can be populated through the Blackboard Grade Center. Do not enter grades for dropped students. Leave the grade column blank.
- To populate grades with the Backboard Grade center, click the drop down menu next to Populate final grade from Grade Center total. Then select Final Grade.
Reminder - Delete any grades that populated for dropped students before submitting.
The following letter grades may be entered:
A, B, C, D, F, I, X, S
- Students being issued an F grade, and those that have been withdrawn with W grades must be assigned a Last Date of Attendance.
- I grades can only be issued to students who meet the minimum requirements and have an Incomplete contract. An expiration date must also be entered for incomplete grades.
- X grades can only be issued to students who are taking the course as Audit.
- S grades can only be issued to students with a Satisfactory/Fail contract or to students enrolled in courses that must be graded Satisfactory/Fail.
Click Submit and the Final Grades information will be submitted.
A purple status bar will display verifying that final grades have been submitted. If you do not see a status bar after submitting, navigate away from the Academic Records Integration tool. Then, return to the Academic Records Integration tool Final Grades tab; if the information you submitted is still there, it has been saved.
Additional information on the Roster Verification process can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions site.