After you receive the email letting you know it is time to enter your Midterm Verification, you can proceed to Blackboard. Do not enter verification information before this time because it will not be saved.
The purpose of Midterm Enrollment Verification is to
- determine the funding that the College will be eligible to receive from the State of Illinois for the number of students in attendance at midterm
- notify students that are not attending/participating and need to take some form of action or to notify them that they have been officially withdrawn
- establish continued eligibility for financial aid funding for the semester.
In your Blackboard course, under Course Management, go to Course Tools
Then click on Academic Records Integration
Click Midterm Verification
Select any course section or group from the dropdown menu.
After selecting the course section or group, click back to the "Merged" sections option to ensure all students are listed.
Click Last Name at the top of the Last Name column to sort student names alphabetically by last name.
For each currently registered student on your roster, enter a verification status in answer to the following questions:
Face-to-Face: Is each student regularly attending?
Online: Is each student regularly completing educational activities?
Hybrid: is each student regularly attended and/or completing educational activities?
For each enrolled student on your roster, enter a verification status in answer to the above questions. (Do NOT enter an LDA for any student currently enrolled, while entering a status of Y or N.)
- Y = Yes
- N = No
- W = No and withdraw from course
- If a student has already dropped/withdrawn prior to the Midterm Date, a status of Y, N, or W should not be entered. Instead, you need to enter an LDA (Last Date of Attendance) or check the Never Attended box.
- If a student has dropped/withdrawn after the Midterm Date, a status of Y, N, or W should be entered and you should enter an LDA (Last Date of Attendance). Please contact the Grades Department if you need to record a verification for a dropped student.
For each student assigned a W, enter a last date of attendance, or check never attended.
NOTE: The student will not be withdrawn from the course if you only check the Never Attended box. For a student to be withdrawn from the course, a W must be entered in the Midterm Verification column.
Click Submit to save the midterm verification.
A purple status bar will display verifying that the verification information has been submitted. If you do not see a status bar after submitting, navigate away from the Academic Records Integration tool. Then, return to the Academic Records Integration Midterm Verification tab; if the information you submitted is still there, it has been saved.
Last Date of Attendance Error
If you received an error message (Invalid grade posting. Student is not active in the section) in Blackboard when entering a Last Date of Attendance for dropped students, please complete the following form with the dropped student information.
Last Date of Attendance Submission Form
Note: The instructor must complete an individual form entry for each affected student. The information provided will then be entered manually by the Grades Department.