Start Views allow you to customize the Blackboard Grade Center based on student enrollment, activity category, and student performance. Creating a Smart View based on student enrollment will allow you to work in the Grade Center without seeing students that have dropped the course.
Creating a Grade Center Smart View
- Navigate to the course Grade Center
- Select the Manage button and click Smart Views.
- The Smart Views page lists predefined views according to activity categories. Selecting the star in the Add as Favorite column will provide a Grade Center view that will show only the grade center columns for that defined category.
Creating a Custom Smart View
1. Click the Create Smart View button.
2. Enter a name for the view along with an optional description. If you know you are going to be using the view, place a checkmark next to Add as Favorite.
3. Select a criteria for the view:
- Course Group View one or more Course Groups.
- Performance View specific users based on their performance on a single item.
- User View individual users.
- Category and Status View items by their category and status.
- Custom Build a query based on user criteria.
The next steps will guide you on how to create a Smart View so that only active/available students will display.
4. Select the Custom option.
5. The default criteria will create a view where students with the student availability status of “available” will display.
6. Next to Filter Results, select which Grade Center columns you would like to display in the Smart View.
7. Click Submit.
Accessing the Smart View
Smart Views that have been added as a favorite will display in the Course Management menu under the Grade Center section.
After selecting Grade Center, the name of the created smart view will be available.