If you are using a Mac with the Catalina (macOS 10.15) or Big Sur (macOS 11) operating systems, be sure to follow these steps before you take your first test. For ProctorU, and possibly other live testing services, you may have to grant screen recording permission for your browser before using the tools.
- Start by opening Settings on your Mac. Then select Security & Privacy and make sure to click the Lock icon to make changes.
- Leave this settings window open and then launch Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Then visit the following website: https://screenapp.io
Nothing will be recorded on this site. Overall it’s being used so that the camera setting can be activated which will then allow the browser to appear on the Security & Privacy screen.
- On the ScreenApp site, click the "Get Started" button.
- After pressing the "Get Started" button, the browser will request permission to record the screen. Grant this permission.
- Then go back to the Security & Privacy settings window on the Mac.
- The browser should appear and you can grant permission for Screen Recording for your browser.
- Once you grant the permission, you must quit and then relaunch the browser before the settings take full effect.
Please sign in to leave a comment.