Each course is allotted a limited amount of space (2.5 GB) in Blackboard. After importing your course into Blackboard, you will need to ensure that your course is not “full” which would prevent you from adding or editing content in the course.
To check the size of your course section:
- In Blackboard, navigate to the course shell where you imported your content.
- Navigate to the Control Panel and select Packages and Utilities.
- Select Course Copy. Note: You will not be copying your course but will access the Course Copy tool to calculate the size of your course.
- Navigate to File Attachments (near the bottom of the page in Blackboard) and select Copy links and copies of content include entire course home folder).
- Click Calculate Size. This will show you the size of your course. If your course exceeds 2.5 GB, you will need to reduce your course size before you can add any additional content to your course.
- Click Cancel to return to your course.
If your course exceeds the size limit, or is close to the limit, there are several steps you can take to reduce the size of your course, including:
- Moving video files to YuJa
- Reducing the size of any PowerPoint files, or hosting large PowerPoint files on OneDrive
- Moving large files out of Blackboard (such as to your COD-provided OneDrive)
- Deleting any duplicate or outdated content.
Note that even if content is removed from a content area, it may still be saved in your course’s Content Collection. Files in the Content Collection are also included as part of your course size limit. Once you have moved the large files in Blackboard to another location, you will also need to delete them from the Content Collection.