Blackboard Course Storage Limits
Each Blackboard course section has a file storage limit of 2GB, and when a course reaches that limit, the instructor will receive error messages prohibiting the uploading of additional content to the section.
Viewing/Sorting Course Files
To view and sort the files in a Blackboard course:
- Scroll down to Course Management and click Content Collection.
- This will show you a list of all your courses and their size(s).
- Click on the 6 digit course code of one of the courses to view the contents.
- The course contents can be sorted by File Type, Name, Date of Last Edit, and Size. Here we see the list of contents sorted by size, with the largest files at the top of the list.
Once the files have been sorted by size, it is easy to delete the large files from the course to free up space. The files can also be downloaded from this screen, prior to deletion, if an instructor wishes to keep the files outside of their Blackboard course section.
Downloading Files from the Content Collection
- Click the box to the left of the file(s) to be deleted (multiple files can be selected at once) and then click the Download Package button.
Deleting Files from the Content Collection
- Click the box to the left of the file(s) to be deleted (multiple files can be selected at once) and then click the Delete button.
Please sign in to leave a comment.