While exporting your courses will download everything, including your course content, the export package will not make content accessible again until you import the file back into Blackboard. This means that while your content will be saved in the export file, you will not be able to access it during the migration process.
If you need to access or back up individual files outside of Blackboard, such as PowerPoint and Word documents (or to move any video files that were uploaded directly to Blackboard to YuJa to optimize Blackboard system storage and student playback), you will need to download them separately from your course exports.
Viewing/Sorting Course Files
To view and sort the files in a Blackboard course:
- Scroll down to Course Management and expand Content Collection.
- Then select the Course ID number.
- If multiple courses are listed, click on the 6 digit course code to view the contents.
- The course contents can be sorted by File Type, Name, Date of Last Edit, and Size. Here we see the list of contents sorted by size, with the largest files at the top of the list.
Downloading Files from the Content Collection
- Click the checkboxes to the left of the file(s) you would like to download to your computer (multiple files can be selected at once) and then click the Download Package button.
- The individual file, or a ZIP file containing the multiple files that were selected, will then download to your computer.
Please sign in to leave a comment.