Batch enrolling allows you to enroll a large number of users into your organization at once. Only Share Leaders have the ability to enroll users into Organizations, this is generally assigned to those who requested the organization.
Open the Batch_Enroll_Template.csv file attached at the bottom of this article.
Enter usernames of the students or instructors you wish to enroll and their role code.
- Usernames are the beginning part of their email, before @dupage.edu or @cod.edu.
- The middle 4 columns should be filled with X’s, this represents that the information is getting pulled from Blackboard based on the username.
- The last column is where you are distinguishing the user’s role. Be sure to confirm the labels are correct for the users before submitting.
“S” Stands for student (In organizations this reverts to Participant)
- Participants will have a student like role where they can see and interact with the organization, but they can’t make edits to the course.
“P” would be Instructor (In organizations this reverts to Leader). If you leave this column blank, they will automatically be set as a participant/student role.
- Leaders will have an instructor like role where they can post things to the course and make edits.
Double check to ensure the users have the correct role code, if you do not, you will have to go in and manually change their role one at a time.
Save the .csv file with a file name specific to your needs and select Yes if asked if you want to use the csv format.
To upload the file you will go to your organization in Blackboard.
In the left navigation menu, you will go to Users and Groups > Users
On the top right side of the screen you will click Batch Enroll Users
Browse for the .csv file and leave the delimiter type as automatic. Click Submit
When the file loads, it will show a report. You will see who was successfully enrolled and who hasn’t been. There are a few reasons why a user wasn’t enrolled, one could be that they are already enrolled in the organization or the username was not in the system (incorrect or not created).
If you run into the error that says Incorrect or Not Created, try manually enrolling the user.